1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 CRX corner fitment

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by Periculum, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

I bought some corner lights and when I received them they were not designed to attach to the body the same way the ones I already have, and they wont fit. Do all the corners fit all CRXs of the same year? or is it possible that JDM do not fit OEM? or did I just get the wrong ones....

2. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

you got the wrong ones. the ones that attach to the fenders are for 88-89 crx, and the ones that attach to the headlight are 90-91 crx.
    plus if you got civic one they are different than crx ones

3. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

Hmm. I have a 91 but they attach to the fender. I wonder what else is screwed up on my CRX?

The one I have has screws on the outside of the car and the light slides into a mount just left (or right) of the headlight. <-- is this the right set-up for a 91?

The ones I recieved appear to slide in and have one screw somewhere above the corner and headlight. <-- are these civic maybe?

thx ripper

4. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

the fenders you have are wrong.
    88-89 crx corners have two bolts on the outside that bolt the corner to the fender.
    90-91 crx have no holes on outside and corners have one hole that bolts to headlight. i am going to take a pic. of my 90 crx

so the setup you have is for a 88-89 crx
    and the corners you bought are for a 90-91 crx

5. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

[​IMG]

heres the corner lens outside for a 90-91 crx

[​IMG]

heres where the corners mount on a 90-91 crx

6. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

Wow, I wonder what else is wrong with my CRX. Is the bracket for a 91 light on the fender? and if so, Would I be able to put the 91 lights in if I just put in 91 fenders? I need to replace them anyway.

7. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

no. the bracket is on the headlight itself. not sure about your headlights with seeing them but I think there different, if you decieded to go with 90-91 fenders and headlights I have a set of 90 headlights if you need them. if you get 90-91 fenders the corner lights will work for sure.

8. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

Thanks, but I think Im about to get an 88 body for $100, so ill just keep using those.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted