1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 CRX HF D15 to ZC swap questions...

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by wells91crx, Jun 27, 2008.

1. wells91crx

wells91crx D15 Cooker

Thanks for reading everyone! Im attempting my first engine swap by myself on a 91 CRX HF I have had the car for a few years. And after a really hard day of driving last summer the car overheated, melted the timing belt cover, and eventually the lower half locked up mid stroke....It was a nasty engine death :( my best guess is that maybe one of the crankshaft bearings went bad...

Ok, I have done a lot of searching, and reading. But i would just like to make sure i am getting the right things. :)

I started on the project today, Old D15B6 (i think ) is half out of the car. Top end out all i need to do is disconnect the trans. I am hoping to be able to use the transmission i have. From the Gold sticker on the casing, it says its an L3-1XXXXXX.Am i correct thinking that this will mount to a ODB0 DOHC ZC? And will i need to use the ZC ECU? wiring harness? etc....

Im not a honda expert by any means. Just trying to gather as much information as possible.

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the HF transmission will bolt right up to the DOHC ZC engine - the gearing in the HF transmission is really long and you might want to look into finding an Si transmission in order to get the most out of the ZC - you use the HF engine harness on the ZC and rewire the distributor connector or buy a distributor adapter from Rywire - Rywire - Online Store - the best ECU to use with the DOHC ZC is the JDM PM7 - next best would be 88-89 (not 86-87) Integra PG7 - you could also use the 88-91 CRX/Civic Si ECU, PM6

3. wells91crx

wells91crx D15 Cooker

Thanks for the info!! :)

I actually have the pdf from ZCspeed about how to do the distributor connector wiring from HF to ZC. Thanks again :)

Im going to open a new thread about my build today. With pics, and my questions included. As I am sure I will still have more. Thanks for taking the time to respond. And helping someone new :)

I hope to give the readers of hondaswap something to make them smile. An old honda coming back to life, instead of being scrapped or chopped to pieces.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted