1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 Crx si w/ 94 B18B wont idle....dies

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by dagrace21, Mar 25, 2007.

1. dagrace21

dagrace21 New Member

I have a 94 B18B motor, it was a jdm model from H motors.I have this installed in a 91 crx Si running a pr4 computer.... Im trying to solve an idle issue, it warms up and than wont idle.....in trying to chase down the problem i pulled off the throttle body and cleaned it out, the part store gave me a gasket that didnt work and when i went back i found that the intake was from an automatic...not stick shift....im trying to find out what the differance is and what my next step should be to figuring out the issue....(i have checked idle air valve, timing, fuel pressure, spark, dizzy,ect....nothing seemed to be out of wack) thank you in advance...DAN

P.S. as far as the idle is concerned....it idles of till it warms up than gets worse and worse....it stays around 350-450rpm, and eventually dies...

2. 101OCTANE

101OCTANE New Member

this sounds like a vacuum leak

3. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

Vacuum leak usually cause a surging idle, or higher idle, not usually a low idle. Try unplugging your IACV from the harness, start and warm up your car, and see if it will maintain an idle at all. If it does, it's likely a dirty or malfunctioned IACV. (I know you said that you checked it, but it never hurts to recheck.) You should be able to get it to idle without the IACV by adjusting the idle screw on the throttle body.

Just curious: what is your ignition timing set at?

4. dagrace21

dagrace21 New Member

I will check again in the morning, i believe that i did at some point try warming it up with the iacv disconnected.....but cant remember what happend....as far as timing goes it is 16 deg before top dead center.....thanks for the suggestions DAN

5. dagrace21

dagrace21 New Member

Still am having the same issues.....cant get it to run.....any other suggestions?....or is there anyone in the santa rosa area who would be interested in taking a look or talking to me about it?...DAN

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted