91 crx starter motor not cranking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18c5crxtasy

just swapped my 89 crx si transmission into my 91 si shell. i used the 89 flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch.

the battery seems to be draining quickly whereas it was not before i swapped. the clutch was dead but the car started fine and the alternator was charging the battery correctly. my starter motor does not crank when the key is turned but i get accessory power. i've been throwing a code 8 (tdc sensor) as well.

even weirder is this "hissing"/whirring sound that comes from above the intake manifold/head area near the injectors. i do not smell any fuel and the problem is only when the car is in the "on" position, not accessory. when i pull my negative battery terminal the sound stops immediately.

thanks for any help you guys can provide, the car is really making me mad.

does at least attempt to start? or does it seem like the battery is low and wont make any attempts to turn over. If so then check your car and see if the motor is grounded. thats what happend to my crex whenever i relocated battery

:werd: That hissing sound is a bad electrical connection. Check your ground and power wires to make sure they are clean and making a good connection.

yeah battery is low and doesn't have much power but i have a starter that provides 75 amps to help it crank over and that doesn't even do anything...

i was just hoping it wasn't fuel pump

is your motor grounded? i had that problem with my rex. I spent 100 bucks and found out later it was a loose groung....that sucked balls <_<

Back