91 crx what teggy brakes to use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

I just yanked my knuckles off my crx last night, and was about to rebuild them.. I thought to myself, why not swap for teggy knuckles and brakes. I did some searching on this and havent found the answer im looking for yet, so i thought id ask.
The car is a 91 crx dx with a Ls swap in it already, ys1 tranny with ls axles and so forth...
what im thinking i need is
91-93 teggy ls knuckles
91-93 teggy rotors
91-93 teggy calipers, lines and pads

im pretty sure its straight forward, but can someone who has experiance with this help me out? Thanks in advance

i just got finished with this type of brake swap. my tires ended up stickin out of the car an inch further than stock. im not worried about tuckin tires. i just want to know if anybody else has run into this kinda shit? its drivin me nuts. i used the stock 91 crx si upper a arms, 91 integra spindles, 91 integra rotors, and 91 integra calipers.

teg control arms are a tad longer IIRC. I'm using EX knuckles; which are lighter and have the stock geometry but use the same brakes.

Why not use GSR brakes?

You can upgrade to a larger master cylinder and use Acura Legend dual poston calipers.. Same as the NSX except not as pretty.

90-93 integras had the same brakes iirc.

if you're talking about 94+ GSR, the kncukles are incorrect dimension(you'll have a lot of positive camber, some guy did that and had to lower his car like 4" to have it 0). If you swap just the caliper, you're stuck with the same size rotors.

Stick on the dual-pistons calipers, then you'd use the 10.3" rotor but the rotors will most likely be too thin. Also, dual-piston calipers cost alot. On a light car, brakes that big are overkill and increase unsprung weight significantly.

Back