91 D16A6 into 90 HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Whats the deal with the hubs, I know HF and Si's have differnet hubs... what do we do about axles? The new spindles we can get are Si, but do not have rotors or calipers... so what do we do about this? Can the OE HF parts be used?

Brian

I dont think so., the HF's brakes are smaller and I don't think they'll fit. They dont fit on 90-91 teg spindles, I know that for sure. <_<

If we wanted to use the Si Trans, but coudlnt get a set of DX/Si spindles could we use hte HF outter CV on the Si Inner CV and make it work?

Brian

i'm pretty sure you can use the HF shafts, the outer joints are the part thats different, the inner splines are the same

just slide one into the trans just to be sure

You probably could use the HF outer joints, however, I would not suggest it. They are probably pretty weak. They are designed to handle a max of 63hp. What I would do in your situation is go to the local junkyard and pick up some rotors/calipers from annother DX or Si Civic. If you couldn't find any, you could use Integra front spindles/rotors/calipers, and you would get a nice increase in fron brake size to boot. However, smaller than 14" wheels won't fit over the teg hubs, just be warned.

you can do the tranny swap without using new hubs, but you are stuck with weak axles. as for brakes...it doesnt matter, i have SI knuckles but am using my stock HF calipers/rotors with them and i have had no issues at all. everything bolts up just like stock parts should.

my suggestion would be to use the 90-93 integra knuckles. you will have to get rotors and calipers with those, but they are bgger than CRX/civic ones so its obviously an upgrade. but from what ive read they cause a little camber issue, kind of like being lowered without actually doing so. nothing that a camber kit cant fix.

Back