91 dx with b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C-Bye

Do I have to modify the b16 engine harness or do I change the plugs on the dx harness to plug this in, I feel really entimidated right now, anyone my my life easier. Where do I start, what is the easiest way(best way). I know rywire has a conversion harness, but I would have to mail them my stuff then wait for it to come back, I would like to do it myself.

Its a little complicated, do yourself a favor, buy rywire, when they recieve your harness, they ship u one out. I bought mine from them, plug n play. DX to b16 obd0.

are you going with odb0 or are you changing to obd1?

if your going to obd1 then go to www.locashracing.com and buy the complete plug and play obd0 to obd1 conversion (ecu adapter, engine subharness, and dist. adapters) thats the kit i bought and its very easy to install, comes with easy to understand instructions, and if you need more help you can call joe locash and he can help you out.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Sep 12 2005, 09:32 PM
are you going with odb0 or are you changing to obd1?

if your going to obd1 then go to www.locashracing.com and buy the complete plug and play obd0 to obd1 conversion (ecu adapter, engine subharness, and dist. adapters) thats the kit i bought and its very easy to install, comes with easy to understand instructions, and if you need more help you can call joe locash and he can help you out.
[post=553426]Quoted post[/post]​

i think his problem is he need to convert from DPFI to MPFI first.

thanks guys, yeah there was a 99 si in the car before, but I think he just obd0 it, i want obd1, hes got the mpfi running straight into the ecu plug, is this right?

Originally posted by C-Bye@Sep 12 2005, 10:41 PM
thanks guys, yeah there was a 99 si in the car before, but I think he just obd0 it, hes got the mpfi running straight into the ecu plug, is this right?
[post=553464]Quoted post[/post]​

i suppose. instead of using a MPFI engine harness he must have just hardwired the injectors into the ECU.

http://www.rywire.com =)
We offer the same services as locash. DX to B16's are $300 OBD1, that's cheaper than locash and i hear our turn around times are faster. (48 hours after the harness is received)
Call our # on the website, I'll help you in any way i can.

Back