91 Honda Accord EX-R Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

james.macisaac

Hey my freind just bought a 1991 honda accord ex-r with a standard F22A4 2.2 16V SOHC PGM-FI 2156 engine. we are looking to swap this engine as it has 450,000 KMs on it. we are looking at purchasing a F20A 2.0 16V DOHC PGM-FI 1955. Problem is we are wondering will this fit with exsiting motor mounts becasue it is JDM. And can we take the stock F22 Tranny and swap it to the F20? What is the easiest and cheapest engine swap to do in this vehicle?

Everything should bolt up like stock. The cheapest choice would probably be another used F22A4. Check Craigslist, other local forums, etc...

If you are looking for power a H22 is a not too hard swap too. The motors usually are worth 2000-3000 I think and you get 200hp. If you are interested there is info all over the web. Just another option.

If you are looking for power a H22a is a not too hard swap too. The motors usually are worth 2000-3000 I think and you get 200hp. If you are interested there is info all over the web. Just another option.

If you are looking for power a H22a is a not too hard swap too. The motors usually are worth 2000-3000 I think and you get 200hp. If you are interested there is info all over the web. Just another option.

yah i can get h22 for liek 400 bucks from tigermotors but my buddy with the ca has limited funds and i dont wanna do the swap so im making it easiest on myself. i just needed to know if i can swap trannys from an F22 to a F20

so my buddy ended up finding a place to do a full H22 swap for 2 grand. not bad at all...place is owned buy a bunch of chinese tuners. kick ass.

if ur just changing the motoe and keeping the f22 trany then you shouldnt have any problems. if ur doing a for swap with the h22 then theres a thread about the trany in cb7tuner.com you should check out...may need to drill and tap, or fing the mount from the car that the motor origonaly comes from...

Back