91 Honda Crx wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91hondarex

hey i was just woundering if anyone could help me out i just dropped a d15b into my 91crx everything was working fine other then throwing a check engine code and it was code 12 the EGR and i was driving it the other day two days after i dropped the motor in everything was running just fine up intell it completly cut out and back fired and died and now when i try to start it it just back fires when i crank it over and does not even try to start i did check the timing right when i got home and the timing was still on so if anyone could help me that would be nice

Thanks

try checking your distributor and the ignitor inside it...the backfiring sounds like the dizzy or the timing, and since u said u checked the timing, it must be the dizzy...also check your plugs too. it seems to be an ignition related problem to me...oh and check to see if u are getting fuel and spark.

u need a motor :( sorry bud but 0 compression usually = hole in the piston, rings blown, something very bad because a motor that at least runs should have a minimum of i think 60psi, maybe a little lower but 0 is not good at all, its very bad news. maybe its time for a new motor? pm me if you need one

yah i have two d15b and a d15b2 i am going to rebuild one of them i am going to use the d15b block and the d15b2 head because its better then both the d15b heads i am waiting on money so i can buy the kit to re build it so its just a lil more work and i will have it running again i also put a thread up about seeing if anyone kno if the d16a1 will drop in and no one posted up on it so it must not work what kind of motor can u get ahold of

yea the d16a1 will drop right in, u just need the axles and ecu, wiring harness, and dizzy, mounts, and shift linkage. i have the pg7 ecu for the d16a1, so pm me if you end up going that route and need it. if you dont want the a1, i have a buddy with a full mini me vtec swap for $650 with everything you need to drop it in, and you wont have to change your mounts or shift linkage. or i have a complete d16z6 vtec motor in my crx ill sell you since i plan to go vtec. the tranny is bad, but i have one to go with it if you want it too...ill take $600 for my whole swap or $450 for just the motor. pm me and we will work out something

zach, making every post into a FS section is ill-advised. makes it sound like you are just trying to sell something rather than give good advice.

any d series will drop right in.
use the same trans and everything you have now. no need to get new axles and everything else unless you are swapping a b series in.

now, is your car currently running the Dual Point Fuel Injection (only two fuel injectors) or are you running a regular Mulit Point Fuel Injection (regular 4 injector system)?

look at my history of the threads ive posted, ive always offered help to people, and help includes offering them parts they may need. how is that ill advised when most ppl on here ignore some peoples posts. im just trying to help the fella out. i havent posted any ill advice so why are you trolling me?

no the rex is not running and i am running the mpfi and i am going to rebuild this motor and see how it works out i would like to put a vtec in it but its just about money right now so i am just waiting on the rebuild kit so it wont be much longer tell its done and while i have it out again i am going to put a new clutch in it and a short shifter

Back