91 Prelude Engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ten2ndlude

I have a 1991 Honda Prelude Si 2.0 and have installed reactive intake, custom cat-back exhaust, hi-flow cat convert., custom spark plugs, a hedman header, programmable fuel injection, aem adjustable cam gears, and more... I love this car to death and i want to make it faster but i've done all i can do. I have talked to people in my car club and they have told me the only way to make it faster is to get turbo's and/or nos or just get an engine swap. could anyone give me some advice on what i should swap in?

See the above post.

Basically, the only swap kit made is for an h22 by Place Racing. That engine weighs 180lbs more than the b20/21 putting the front/ rear weight distribution at around 70/30. Thats fine for a drag car but not for a street car. I believe Whiteline (or something like that) is in the works on a suspension kit specifically for that swap.

If it were me, I'd go with a b16 or 18. But that requires lots of changes and has no aftermarket support. If your comfortable with the fabrication and LOTS of time to measure clearences, go for it.

the swap has been done its on this forum go to third gen and scroll down and find b18c swap in progress im goin to do the swap wid my homie and ill be gone most of the time cuz im doin the army thing but its a great swap lots of fabrication and remodeling but im doin it

Back