91 SI hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastacc

Doin work!!!
I have a 91 SI hatch thats pretty stock. Someone before me swapped out the D16 bottom end with a D15, but it retains the stock head and intake. First off the speedo doesn't work. Secondly at idle sometimes it just dies. It will fire right back up but if it sits long enough at idle it will die. I feel it stumble some when driving about 30-40 mph. Not too noticeable but I'm tired of it doing this. No cel on start up but after driving about 15 minutes it comes on. Any ideas? I have replaced plugs, wires, ign mod., coil. Also, complete fuel system has been replaced. I'm kinda at a loss as seein it doesn't do it all the time.

Duh, I'm dumb. Been a while since I've been on here. Flashing a 17. VSS. Where is that located? Also, because speedo doesnt work, would that trip that sensor?

hey sometimes its good that that code pops up that how i got my car for free :D this guy i know bought a 89 civic hb tuned it up put knew exhaust but was to lazy to pull the code didnt want to bother and gave me the car.All i did was plug back in the speedo cable:rolleyes: and took it to get smogged ran fine

The car has developed a new problem, wont start. I haven't been driving it much in the last few months so I gave it to my dad ( his 7 mile to the gallon pickup+ 3.90 gal redick). Today it fired right up but died. Did this several times, but kept firing back up. Then it quit starting altogether. And no I haven't had time to replace the vss. Whoever had installed the engine and trans lost the tab that holds the speedo cable in. Would this make it not start? Tonight I replaced coil, main relay, ign mod, Fuel filter, plugs, wires. It smells like straight fuel when turning it over so I was thinking maybe no fire. What else could it be?

Back