91 Teg What to do???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

needjdm

Alright I bought a 1991 integra ls for $500 and 208,000 miles on it. What should I start to do with it, or invest into it. I was hoping I could make it decent and put money into it seeing as the car it self was only 500 bucks.

Originally posted by needjdm@Sep 19 2004, 01:15 AM
Alright I bought a 1991 integra ls for $500 and 208,000 miles on it. What should I start to do with it, or invest into it. I was hoping I could make it decent and put money into it seeing as the car it self was only 500 bucks.
[post=392121]Quoted post[/post]​

well since u got it for so cheap,you can do whatever u want with it

but at this point..200k miles on it...its safe to say its time to do a motor swap...but in your case...it should be easy if u go with LS/vtec...or Ls/turbo...because your car is already an ls....so if it were me..id find an ls motor...find someone to fabricate your vtec...and then start strengthening up your bottom end,and valve train....get rods...lower your compression...get better pistons...etc....then go up top..get valve springs,retainers etc...then upgrade your fuel system...and your ecu....then set up for your turbo...or you could just get a b series motor and do it that way...but most of the time,people get ls turbo,cus you can boost more out of the motor..its all on what u want to do...but for starters...take care of the motor for right now (if this is the only car u own)...until u save up for a lower mileage LS motor..or b series motor.

do what i did...I swapped out the LS motor (158,000) and sold it for 150 bucks...i bought a used first gen b16 for 600 shipped (i live in hawaii), but i i basically paid 450 because i sold the old motor...i ran a 15.3 with the b16...then i turbocharged it, and now, i have no clue what kind of times i make, but i know that my car is A LOT faster, probably low 13's...and i only invested about 4000 dollars total.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Sep 19 2004, 01:48 AM
do what i did...I swapped out the LS motor (158,000) and sold it for 150 bucks...i bought a used first gen b16 for 600 shipped (i live in hawaii), but i i basically paid 450 because i sold the old motor...i ran a 15.3 with the b16...then i turbocharged it, and now, i have no clue what kind of times i make, but i know that my car is A LOT faster, probably low 13's...and i only invested about 4000 dollars total.
[post=392127]Quoted post[/post]​

yep,thats a good idea...cus i own a 91 crx si..and im about a week or two away from a 1st gen b16 swap...and i put my focus on two things..interior,and engine...because comestics dont interest me at this point of the year...so i plan on building up my valve train and bottom end..as well as putting i.c.e (including a laptop for my AEM EMS plug and play) inside my car.

The ls motor is by far the best choice for what you have. You really dont need to do all of the things crxsi91 said to go turbo though. All you really have to do is: low comp. pistons, turbo cams, a better ecu(uberdata is the cheapest one to use) or if you have the funds, a hondata s200, a decent turbo setup(custom is almost always best), some tuning, a better fuel pump, some injectors, some bigger exhaust piping, and your basically set. If I missed something somebody please fill in the blanks.

Back