1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92-95 civic hatch back?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by erebunicrx, Jul 4, 2003.

1. erebunicrx

erebunicrx my name is Dale

i am planning on selling my crx to get a 92 - 95 hatchback. i wanted to know wich car model like cx, vx,si, etc is the best to do a ls vtec swap into. i want to get the one with the least wire mods to do.

2. nealo

nealo Senior Member

The Civic Vx is already wired for vtec and its just as light as the Cx. Si is the heaviest but it too is also wired for vtec. All 1992 Civics are wired for vtec so if you find a 92 Cx, that would be great too. Dx is about 100 lbs heavier than the cx and vx. Even if you dont find a vx/si or a 1992 civic, its not that hard to wire in the vtec as im told.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

he's right vx,cx are the lightest so start with those, they happen to be the cheapest also. Then Dx and your last resort a Si. The Si has a 1.6 sohc vtec motor in it and has power options and sunroof.

Milan

4. bobcat7095

bobcat7095 Senior Member

i think the dx is easiest, u have the injectors needed for the swap, if you get a cx or vx you gotta buy injectors, the vtec is extreamly easy to wire on the dx

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Injectors come with the swap and you can use a usdm gsr obd1 engine bay harness.

Milan

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

VX is straight forward except the o2,(see FAQ for info). If you get a motor with a knock (or IAB's) those two (three) are all you will have to deal with

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted