92 Accord EX - Short Throw Shifter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SneakySedan

Love my accord, hate the truck-like throw on the shifter. I've done some research into short throws for it and it seems that Neuspeed has the best thing going, everybody else just sells the shaft with a relocated pivot point. Does anybody have a short throw in their accord, and if so who made it and do you like it?

I have a cosmo short throw shifter and i noticed a 30% difference in the throw. It mounted on the Shaft itself. I absolutely love it !!

Just because you lower the height of the shaft doesnt make the throw shorter. I am using stock shaft with maybe 6inches from gear to gear. Versus the stock 14inches. I feel you on the Truck like shifter.

I'm still running the stock shifter and knob, works fine for me.

The neuspeed unit changes the point where the cable attaches, similar to changing the shifter pivot point. My buddy has it in his Civic, he likes it.

NOW theres nothing wrong with the stock shifter, but if you road racing it , I hated it .

Not road racing, just prefer shorter more precise throws. I've owned a pickup, I've owned an Integra, I prefer things on the integra side of the throw.

then just get the 40 bux linkage adapter. thats what i have and I love it , but it doesnt lower the shifter. Shortens the throw.

Never said anything about lowering the shifter.... hmm...

At any rate, I'll look into that linkage. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Did a bunch of searching, couldn't find a cosmo linkage for my car (92 accord) just the 94 and up.

Last edited:
I've never heard even a single good word about OBX's stuff, even though it seems to be a pretty simple piece, I'd rather stay away from OBX. I appreciate the heads up though.

Well all the short throw adapters are nothing but CNC machined Aluminium. I have never used anything of OBX , But from what I have searched . All the short throw shifters look exactly alike and why pay more for something thats usually not seen. Unless your Racing it and completely gutted the car. Then get a name brand maybe anodized blue or whatever. Why pay more for something that does the same thing, when a cheaper price is available.

Have you choosen one yet ?

Also I went with the Cosmo short shifter adapter and there not a High End name brand. Works great!! Just thought I would throw that out there

Back