92 accord lx trans/shift prob-help please!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

remofzero

hey guys i have a 92 accord lx with the f22a motor- automatic. well i got the car and since i have had it ive never had reverse. the guy i got it from said overdrive wouldnt work so he put trans x in it and it fixed o/d but killed reverse. then he put a bottle of transmission honey in the car thinking that would fix it- but that did nothing. mind you he didnt dump any fluids - put the dip says its not over full. when ya put it in reverse it just grinds, so i dont understand it- any ideas if it could just be filter and fluid or what?

secondly i just started driving the car again, and i noticed when i start the car i have to watch for the "D4" light on my dash to go away- where it says what gear im in- becasue it lights up bright bright green, then when it goes away the car shifts fine- 1st,2nd,3rd, then o/d--- but i relized that about two mins into my drives the "D4" light will get EXTRA bright on my dash and my car wont shift in or out of 2nd gear----- if the light is on bright and i put the car in 1st it will run in first till i slide it in second- thn when i put it in d3 or d4 it dont do shit it stays in 2nd no matter if i go 10 mph or i go 80 mph------what the hell is going on with this car ? it makes no sense.....what can i do to check it i have no check engine light going off!

please help me out on this im lost....thanks!!!!

Back