92 Accord lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92accordlx

Will a 95 accord vtec engine swap in a 92 accord and what parts will i need to complete the swap what transmission will i use the 95 or the 92

It will more or less bolt up, with modifications to the wiring harness being necessary (at a bare minimum).

Either tranny will work.

Any reason in particular you want to do this? Forgetting the cost of the longblock and ECU (anywhere from $400-$800), you'll be spending a good deal of money for ten (yes 10) extra horsepower and a few pound-feet of torque.

My friend is taking out his for a h22 any he is giving me the engine for 200 so the vtec engine is only 10 more horse than my engine what if i do a little modifing before i install some cams a polishing of the head I'm not looking to spend 3k on installing a engine more like 1500 or 2k pushing it

Yeah, your stock F22A1 has 135 horses, and the F22B1 has 145. Not a huge gain. Single-cam VTEC is pretty much worthless. It exists solely for fuel economy.

If you're really interested in pulling power out of a single cam engine (which isn't easy to do), just modify the engine you've got in there. Do those things you mentioned to the engine you've got and save yourself the time, money and trouble of swapping in a very very slightly better engine.

Or, consider this....if you really want to swap an engine, spend a grand or $1500 and get yourself an H23A1 out of a Prelude Si. It'll bump you up to 160 horsepower and give you at least 20 more ft-pounds of torque.

that is true will the swap of a h23a1 be as easy as a f22b1 what will have to change in order to get a h23b1 in there my car has 225k right now so i was thinking of swappin out that old engine also do a conversion from auto to stick i spent a whole lot on suspension so i don't want to sell.

Swapping an H23 in there will be almost the same as an F22. You can go check out http://www.h22a.org and click on their 4th gen Accord link. It details how to drop an H22 into your car, so you'd follow that minus all the VTEC shit.

How many miles are on the F22B1 that your friend is giving you?

i believe it has around 80k and i will get the 5 speed tranny with it

Well, maybe it's worth it to you then. I mean, speaking from a longevity standpoint. It would be a great swap if you got the engine cheaply and wanted something with a little more power that would be easy to swap.

However, if you're serious about performance, I wouldn't waste your time with the single-cam. It really depends on what you want from the swap.

I'm not lookin for a super fast car something decent. i like when the vtec opens up the sound i had a 90 civic hatch before i installed gsr 95 engine i wasted like 5k on it installing that engine i'm not lookin to spend a whole lot on this car. i guess the f22b will do it i won't have to mess with mounts no fuel lines nothin just a quick simple swap just the automatic to stick conversion will be a problem i guess

You won't hear or feel VTEC engage with the F22B1. The only way I could tell that it engaged at around 2800 rpm (yes, 2800 rpm, I'm quite sure) was when I installed a VTEC light in my gauge cluster. That was the only way to determine if VTEC was engaging. No noise change, no power change.

As I said, single-cam VTEC exists for fuel economy only. You'll be disappointed if you're looking for the same result that you got when you dropped a B18C into your hatch.

Back