92 Civc Hatchback Vx Switch With B18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kodekiller

im not sure what b18 it is. but its not vtec and i need to know if i need a few wires lengthened, new mounts, or if i need a new tranny, the integra is an auto, and the 92 hb is a manual, can i use that same tranny? and the engine is a vtec-e in the civic

The B18 can be the B18A1/B1/C1 or C5,since you say it isn't vtec that rules out the last two.Do you have the motor?Because you can look at the block and it will at least say B18A or B18B.But anyway you will need to get a manual B series tranny and a manual 92-95 ECU,there is some wiring involved here to go from the auto to manual,but I am not sure what all it entails.You can use the stock mounts and you're going to have to lengthen some wires on the tranny side.You need the axles from the tranny you use and the shiftlinkage.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 1 2003, 07:58 PM
The B18 can be the B18A1/B1/C1 or C5,since you say it isn't vtec that rules out the last two.Do you have the motor?Because you can look at the block and it will at least say B18A or B18B.But anyway you will need to get a manual B series tranny and a manual 92-95 ECU,there is some wiring involved here to go from the auto to manual,but I am not sure what all it entails.You can use the stock mounts and you're going to have to lengthen some wires on the tranny side.You need the axles from the tranny you use and the shiftlinkage.

I'am doing the same swap on my 92 hb you do need 3 motor mounts. I recommened you get a 5 speed tranny some thing like a gsr its about 700 but well worth it and the mounts are 500 you need a hyro tranny thats why i say gsr the b18 traany can be put on but willl be a mess to do it not worth it

Back