92 Civic camshaft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chopluey

Is there a replacement/swap camshaft available for the D15 SOHC that will provide better performance than the stock stick? Can't seem to find one "off the shelf", and didn't really want to go with a custom grind ($$$)!

for the price of an aftermarket cam, you can build your self a mini-me which will give you double the gain.

if you aren't sure what a mini-me is, do a search on here, its been covered many times... but briefly, its swapping a d16z6 head onto your 1.5 block

pissedoffsol,
thanks for the tip. I've heard of the "mini me" but wasn't quite sure about it.
considering the cost of cams, new and used, I thought there was a better way to go.
Where can I get full details of the "mini me" swap? Don't you need different parts such as: timing belt, fuel pressure reg., injectors, ecu, etc,?
Or, is it just the head and everything else works with it.(fat chance)
thanks

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 11 2003, 05:38 AM
if you aren't sure what a mini-me is, do a search on here, its been covered many times

yeah

If you don't want to pay for an aftermarket cam, and you don't want to deal with ripping the head off your block, you could also try dropping in a D16A6 cam. It's from the 88-91 Civic and CRX Si, as well as the 90-91 Civic EX and wagon. You won't get the same power gain as a mini-me conversion, but you'll notice a slight increase.

Back