92 Civic Engine Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mike28486

I have a 92 civic DX sedan, I am most likely putting a B16A or a B16A2 engine into it, my question is my DX has an auto tranny, i do not want to convert it to manual, where can i ind an auto tranny for a B16A or B16A2 so that i can still keep the auto tranny, and also ho much would the tranny cost? Any help appreciated! :huh:

You can get a auto B16A.They are a little weaker than the manuals,but if you want to keep auto it works.

If you take your time and do it right, an auto to manual is not that hard. A friend of mine did his in two da7ys with barely any tools. It didn't run him more than 700$ and it cut a 1/2 second of his quarter. I know it seems like alot of work but it can be easily done. Not to mention the fact that an auto tranny weighs a hell of a lot more than a manual. I couldn't pick up my friends auto, but the manual came with ease. Anyway, whether you decide to do it or not, just think about it. It really is worth it.

Originally posted by mike28486@Mar 23 2003, 08:30 PM
i do not want to convert it to manual, where can i ind an auto tranny

;)

Back