92 civic ex with d16a block, what upper motor mount?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Angus

Finaly getting to fix my 92 Civic EX. The original d16z6 had a rod go through the block. After searching I was told a d16a6 block would swap out and accept my z6 head. I rebuilt the donor a6 block and went to install the accesories and found a few issues. The water pumps are different, the engine to transmission brace bracket holes are not drilled, and the timing belt tensioner is different. The big problem is the upper drivers side motor mount. The bosses on the front of the block for the motor mount bracket are drilled different. Do I need to just get the bracket for an a6 block? What years used the d16a6 motor? Also is the timing belt going to be different?

Thanks, cant wait to drive a fuel efficient car again!!!

I bolted it on, but it is way different. The bolt bosses are drilled diferent allowing the z6 mount to be tilted. Trust me.

ive done that very swap the a6 motor mount should bolt right on the z6 block

Dont know what to tell you, it is not right. I am very experienced, just not with honda swaps. Anyone?

Keep in mind I am using the d16a6 block instead of the blown z6 block. This is a mini-me but the car had a complete z6 motor, yes the mount brackets are different.

Thanks

i dont no what to do man i put a stock 92-95 eg civic driver side mount right on the a6 block,,but free....bump

The rubber is fine. I am talking about the bracket that bolts to the front of the block itself. The bolts line up to the a6 block, but the mount is tilted 25 degrees. When I have z6 mount on the z6 block the mount has less than 5 degree tilt.

Thanks for your help.

More like 20 degrees. If it was a little I would shim it, but this is too much. I checked my dealer and the two blocks do have different block brackets. Now I need to find one laying around in somebodys garage.

Thanks

Back