92 Civic Help Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rutrw

Only had the car about a month 92 Civic lx will not start.
I have checked the code and get 43.( cleared the code) no codes now
The fuel pump is coming on. I checked the pressure and it builds up to 40psi with the key on.( Chiltons that is spec.) I changed the fuel filter and still nothing. I also checked for spark and it has spark. The timing belt was recently replaced and it ran fine after. I did not do the work. Any ideas?

well you cant check the timing unless the car is running, unless you just make sure all the timing marks line up, there is one on the crank pulley that should line up with the one on the block, and also another on your cam pulley which should line up with another mark located on the (head?) or the cover
if its a code 43 and the pump is fine, have you checked your injectors?

OK I cleared the codes. Now there is no code but it still will not start. The correct psi for the fuel pump is 40 per chiltons. Could the ECU be bad even with it sparking?

ok you can not adjust the timing while trying to crank the car, personally i would take it to a mechanic and try to get it diagnosed. Or try this if you have a Chilton's manual then, take out one of the spark plugs and match it to the pics they have on the inside back cover of the book, it might tell you a little more!

better yet pull the spark plug out and stick in into the spark plug wire outside of the engine just sitting on top of the valve cover or somthing. Then crank it over and have a friend look at the spark plug to see if it sparks. Spark should be a healthy blue colour. And dont touch it while your turning it over.

The timing belt was recently replaced and it ran fine after. I did not do the work.

If the timing belt was not tensioned properly there is a good possibility that it has "jumped time"...

:burnout:

The timing belt was recently replaced and it ran fine after. I did not do the work.

If the timing belt was not tensioned properly there is a good possibility that it has "jumped time"...

:burnout:
Just take the car back, if you paid for it and it jumped time enough to not start, it needs to be checked out. It may have torn at the belt. Also, 92-95 Civics smoke Ecu's. Generally when this happens, you can't clear the code though. If it jumped time, even with spark, the distributor being driven off of the cam, will now be off with the valve timing. No start.

Back