92 civic swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1slwhtch

i have a 1992 civic cx with a dx motor in it. it is a 16 valve motor and i want to swap it for a d16y8 and i was wondering what i would have to do or what wiring harness i would have to get to do this because i am not getin the stock wiring harness with the d16y8 so i was wondering if i could use my sock wiring haress and add some wires for the vtec?

1. this is in the very wrong section...Hybrid EG

2. Get a Y8 or a 92-95 EX/Si harness (should be around $100)

3. If you use the Y8 ECU, you'll need an OBD2 to OBD1 jumper harness. If you use a P28 (EG EX/Si), you will not need the jumper

4. Plug and play

You don't have to worry about running Vtec wires from the ECU to the motor cannon plugs becasue all 92's are wired for Vtec

Quoted post[/post]]
1. this is in the very wrong section...Hybrid EG

2. Get a Y8 or a 92-95 EX/Si harness (should be around $100)

3. If you use the Y8 ECU, you'll need an OBD2 to OBD1 jumper harness. If you use a P28 (EG EX/Si), you will not need the jumper

4. Plug and play

You don't have to worry about running Vtec wires from the ECU to the motor cannon plugs becasue all 92's are wired for Vtec
but he can use his the stock harness all he has to do is wire the vtec, ect.And use a p28

Back