92 GSR into Automatic 92 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pepps

Hi, I've currently got the full drivetrain out of a 1992 Integra GS-R in my garage and am interested in putting it into a 1992 Civic I have. I would like to re-use basically everything, including the Cable YS1, I really like the gearing. Wiring and all the rest of it isn't really a concern, everything is OBD1, I think I would use a 94+ Teg Drivers axle, and I can use my passenger axle?

Anyhow..about the mounts. Is anyone on here running a B16A1 or even a B17A1 in a 92 or newer chassis? Are you able to run strictly cable related components or do you have to run an adapter type lever like hasport uses that converts hydraulic clutch actuation to cable? I've searched quite a bit and haven't been able to find much without having to change to a Hydraulic transmisison. I don't want to chance it buying a hydraulic transmission online and ending up with a piece of crap if I know my cable transmission is working perfectly. Can anyone kind of give me the run down on what I will need to do to make this work?

Thanks alot

Hasport Billet Mounts

found some mounts...still don't really understand how the whole "cable clutch conversion" works. Can anyone explain in detail for me? I would like to not have any kind of hydraulic actuaction at all and was wondering if I can just use my Integra pedals and everything to actuate my clutch? And does anyone know about the axles and all that kind of stuff? thanks.

Lot of work for that.....I would get a EF hatch or CRX and sell the auto

All that work will pay off more with the EF swap....just my opinion though.

The only real reason i think this swap is so appealing is because im pretty much getting the civic for free, and i picked up the whole swap for 500 bucks. To my understanding what I will have to do is Install 5 speed pedals, master, and slave cylinder, a 5 speed tranny bracket. I think the slave cylinder pretty much acts as the clutch cable. I could probably get brackets and all that stuff for another 500, then just have to worry about axles. I think wiring would be easy , this car is a 92 EX Sedan, so to my understanding it should have the D16Z6, and wired for VTEC already. Both cars should be OBD1 to my understanding.

Will my GSR axles work in this swap? I think I remember something about having to use one 94+ Integra mount but I could be wrong. Also wondering about shift linkages, would I be able to re-use my GSR linkages?

I think you need 94-01 teg axles

I would look for a hydrolic transmission though.

You can sell that cable clutch GSR trans pretty easy (EF boys like it)

Use your '92 engine harness....its a 4-door? EX? (You said D16Z6)

All you need (for wiring) is to extend the VTEC lines and probably the O2 and I
think the B17 needs a knock sensor wired too.....unless you run a chipped
ECU that eliminates it.

I would think that any 94-01 motor mounts will work in your car...I don't think
you need hasport mounts (I'm an advocate of OEM mounts unless you got 300+hp)
But if you want the rigid mounts....go for it. I don't like the rock and roll rattle at idle.

The manual conversion isn't that hard but it is involved and you do get to spend a good
amount of time under the dash with cramped hands.

Go to a few recyclers and do some shopping to save some $$

Back