92 lude w/h22a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprt92

hello all honda owners.
I have a 92 lude I swaped the h23 out for a jdm h22a. i got everything in [and runing fine as it would seem] ?? but really its not! it seems to run fine at idle w/ the exception of a little miss. as I drive it, it seems slow compared to my h23 until it hits vtec. I took a timing light and i have it dead on. the only thing I can think might be wrong is, when I put the timing belt on I had a hell of a time! the exhaust side kept wanting to turn on me. I tried to get it right 3-4 times and finally called it quits. I know that it cant be more than 1 tooth off. SO MY QUESTION IS CAN THIS MAKE MY CAR LOOSE POWER???? so what do you think?? IM open for anything!
thanks

That could definitely change the cam timing and cause you to lose power even if it is only off by one tooth. Expose the cam gears and make sure that when the car is at TDC the arrows both point upward.

ok I got the timing set and runs better , but now it is bucking a little while holding a steady speed and while accelerating at normal conditions . im geting a code 12 EGR could this be the problem? i have a extra from my h23 i was going to put on but i cant get it off. so could this be it? thanks

Hmmmm, could be. When my buddies EGR port was clogged, the engine died at low rpms, and stuttered around idle. Anything over 2k seemed to be all good, but the situation is probably a little different for you. Fix the EGR, since you are getting a code, then rediagnose.

i checked everything out and its my egr control valve. i have to wait to get one from honda. [dealer item only] and its a holiday week. il let you know.

Fuck that!!!!! Those things are a dime a dozen. Even the one off of your old motor should work. Go get one at the junk yard for $5. The EGR from my F22 bolted right up to the H22. It even saved me from wiring. I might still have the JDM one.(not that it matters)

Buying one from Honda is like giving your money away.

Originally posted by tab@May 29 2004, 02:11 PM
Buying one from Honda is like giving your money away.

:werd: :withstupid:

Junkyards are wonderful for EGR's, knock sensors, etc.

it's not located on the motor so i dont have another, and the junkyards around were i live never seem to have any preludes around. i was able to fix it though! incase you or someone you know ever have that problem
mine was making a clicking noise when you put power to it ,so i knew it was trying to work. i took it off, sprayed some wd-40 in the holes , let it sit for a while, then took a vacume pump and held my finger over one of the holes at a time while using the pump. i hooked it back up, and it works great so far. no codes and its been 3 days so i thought i would put this out there . maybee help someone else!

Back