92 teg with 94+ motor wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaElite

hey fellas i have a 94+ motor in my 92 body it has new pistons ne water pump and timing belt and she dont wanna start its like theres no spark..any suggestion??? any ideas help thanx:confused:

Well, first of all make sure the dizzy is hooked up..and check the cap and rotor for damage/corrosion, etc. If everything checks out make sure that the wires are in the correct firing order, and pushed in all the way on the cap and on the plugs. Last if all that is ok, check the plugs for correct gapping.

is your car getting spark have you check it yet it's prob your timing

im not gettin spark from my ignition coil im goin to try a new one if its not that the process of elimanation points to the timing..thanx for your help guys ill let you knoe what happens...=]

Timing doesn't have anything to do with getting spark. The distributor only goes in one way and if you set in anywhere near the middle it should atleast fire up..just make sure the wires are set in the correct firing order, that happened to me once, i had 3 and 4 switched. good luck.

everything checks out the only thing i have left to look at is the timing..does it matter that i have the 91 ecu in the 94+ MOTOR??

yeah it will but its gonna run like crap but if you want that kool but it shouldn't keep it from starting up

Back