93' accord auto trans prob, 5 reverse gears???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beano135

I just bought the car supposedly needing a trans. has 190,xxx miles.
When the car is in park it will move backward like it is in reverse if you give it gas, if I put it in first gear it also goes backward but seems to catch sooner like its a different reverse gear. pretty much every gear goes back except 3rd seems to be neutral.
I'm putting it in the garage, gonna swap out the trans computer and check the shift linkage.
Any ideas? Has anyone had this problem before. Feedback please, thanks!

I got another computer and swapped that in, same results. I tried unplugging the shift selector switch. didn't do anything. I also unplugged both of the solenoid packs on the trans which made the "D4" like blink but still only have reverse gears.
I plan on trying a new switch before I pull the trans.
Is there no one that roams this message board who has seen this before, or any with some good ideas? Where are the Honda Gurus now?

Well, post up your solution so others can learn from it!

We're not exactly automatic transmission gurus around here. An automatic transmission is just some manufacturer error, we see them every now and again and promptly correct the issue by swapping in a manual.

Back