93 Accord Crank Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93AccordEX

Here is the question iv been told a problem I'm having is caused by my crank sensor but when i go to buy it they tell me they don't have it so anyone know if my car has it or not

CAR: 93 Accord EX

if you need more info let me know

Last edited:
What problem are you having? - I don' t think the f22 has one but I'm not certain.
try automotivefroums.com - the board is much larger, you might find some helpful info on your specicfic problem.

here is the problem

sumtimes my car will start right up once i hit the key

sumtimes it turns over for a couple seconds and then starts with the check engine light on

When the light is on it has a saftey to not let it go past 3500rpm still has good power its the same as a govenor

BUT if i rev it up to about 3000rpm and turn the key on and off quick the light goes away and it will rev righ up allmost to 7000rpm

Any ideas???

Last edited:
Im not sure about your problem. But your motor does have a crank sensor but it is located in the oil pump on the front of the motor. If you look you should have a 4pin connector coming out near the oil pump at the bottom of the timing cover this is for your crank and tdc sensor. hope that helps some.

Update: the key trick stopped working i was told by a guy who had the same problem its the timing belt he says he had put a new engine & tranny in his accord and it did the same thing so they checked timing blah blah and finally noticed the timing belt had dry rot and was cracked and messed up new timing belt and he never had the problem again

Think it could be it?

Last edited:
Back