93 Accord Jdm H22a Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SEIKO

Just Picked Up 93 Accord From Mainstream Performance In Georgia. On My Drive Back To Albany Ga, About 2:40hrs. Away, The Dash Started To Go Haywire. The Tach And The Speedo Started To Bouce Up And Down And The Temp Gauge Started To Rise. After Pulling Over And Shutting The Engine Down For 15min., I Started The Engine Back Up And Everything Was Fine. 80 Miles From Home The Dash Started Again, But This Time I Didn't Stop I Keep Driving, But This Time I Tried To Let The Windows Down And The Windows Started Down Very Slowly, So I Pressed Down Of The Accelator And The Dash Tach & Speedo And Temp Gauge Started Working Correctly And The Window Motors Pulled The Windows Down At Normal Speed.

Can Anyone Tell Me Waht To Look For First? Or What The Problems Could Be? Honda Stated That It Could Be The Vss Going Bad. Thanks In Advance.

Alternator would be a good start. Have your starting system checked at a shop, as well as the speed sensor. Make sure the proper ecu is being used as well.

i bought some electrical connection cleanser from autozone and disconnected every electrical conennection and sprayed them. also sprayed speed sensor. waited about two hours and reconnected them and have not had a problem since. thanks

I had the alternator checked, and its ok, keeping the charge at the battery. the battery maintain 13.6-13.7 volts standing alone. It must be the vss, so I'm ordering one from ebay for $13.00. Tell you if that fix the problem once installed.

Check the engine ground that connects at the thermostat, or the negative ground cable to the battery, it has one end that grounds to the engine and another that grounds to the chassis next to the battery follow the cable from the battery terminal back. This happened to me just about the same way you described it, it was a ground issue

Check the engine ground that connects at the thermostat, or the negative ground cable to the battery, it has one end that grounds to the engine and another that grounds to the chassis next to the battery follow the cable from the battery terminal back. This happened to me just about the same way you described it, it was a ground issue

This thread is four months old dude. Check the dates next time...

Back