93 b18a in 91 civic problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:huh: A recently swapped a b18a in my 91 hatch and it seems to want to die when its in first gear or when the gas pedal is flored. A mechanic said it was the c plug to the ecu, he said it was messes up and every time he moved it it would die out. Any ideas, is he right, help would be greatly appreciated.

what ecu are you running... is it the ecu that came with the engine? uhmm maybe you should convert to obd1 which is what the engine is, you car the hatch is obd-0... bye

Did you do an obd1 conversion? If you are running the 93ecu you would have had to make this conversion. If not its not the right ecu. Get the number of the ecu you have and tell us what wiring changes you made.

A hasport conversion harness would be the easiest way, that or buy one from someone else. Have you tried a 90-91 teg ecu to see if it works right?

yeah, if everythings done right, throw the damn thing on the dyno and take a look at the air/fuel, bet your way f'd up...

i tried different kinds of of ecu i thried a b16(jdm) the 91 hatch si, and same problem. do u really think it could be tha air/fuel mixture?

you dont use a B16 they are VTEC first off, the SI's ecu wont work aither it isnt DOHC nor is it 1.8L... you are obd 0 (you car) get an OBD-0 ECU (I have one want to buy it)... then if you can find a OBD-0 Wring harness for a B18... what wiring harness are you using on that engine? Think man

Back