93' B18a1 into 93 Civic EX - Please Help Urgent!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dkgoodrich

I'm currently doing this swap.
93' b18a1 into a 93' Civic EX
My harness is pluggin up fine to the LS ecu.

My problem is the harness pluggin up to the engine.

On the passenger side I have 3 plugs out of the firewall, Only 1 the biggest one is plugging up.

On the drivers side only 1 of the 3 plugs comming out of the firewall are plugging up. 1 of the 3 plugs has a block plate so its not used.

Do I just leave these un plugged? I really don't see how it would run.

Please help. I went from a d16 to a b18c sir g and now to a b18a1. I didnt have any of these problems in my last swaps.

I bought the cable to hydro conversion, just got it in today. [got it for $35.00 shipped] and am in the process of getting all the motor mounts brackets ect, I sold the mounts that went with my old b18c ;(

Thanks for your time. I really do need the help, this is my only car and it hasn't been running for over 2 years.

Quoted post[/post]]
you need to get a 94-95 ls obd1 harness. it'll plug up to everything

The engine harness right? Thanks a bunch man, I've asked this question on 10 boards, nothing!

Ne1 kno were I can get one of these?

the 93 is OBD1 right? I found a harness on ebay that says its obd1 and goes to a 92 93.. wont work huh?

I have the whole car my engine came out of, would it be easier to change the harness on the car?

I found a 94 GSR harness, will that work?

I also found a 94 95 LS harness that goes to a automatic tranny?

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

yes the engine. the 92-93 harness will work but you have to have the 92-93 ecu. the gsr will also work too your'll have 3 plug not used(vtec, vtec oil and knock sensor) are the only three plugs not used, its even better cause if in the future if you want to swap a vtec into your car you wont have to search for another harness
goodluck

Quoted post[/post]]
yes the engine. the 92-93 harness will work but you have to have the 92-93 ecu. the gsr will also work too your'll have 3 plug not used(vtec, vtec oil and knock sensor) are the only three plugs not used, its even better cause if in the future if you want to swap a vtec into your car you wont have to search for another harness
goodluck

thanks man, what about if the harness was removed from a automatic tranny?

I can get a pretty good deal on a 94-95 ls harness.

I noticed however when i was removing the old 93 harness there was a plug or two going into the manual tranny.

thanks a bunch man

the auto may not work cause it has two extra plugs that only works on a auto tranny

Thanks for the responses, I'm still looking for a harness, I should find one in a week or so.

I think my best bet would be 92-95 civic ex harness or a 94/95 LS harness.

The gsr's have been going for two much money.

either way it looks like I'm gunna be spending 75$ +

Sucks, I've spent more on lil shyet than I spent on the whole car I removed the engine from.

I've got an EX/Si harness for sale in the Market section

$75 shipped in the lower 48

Back