93 civic b16a sir2 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dino93

I just picked up my engine for th swap. Its a b16a sir2 w/ auto trans and a p22 ecu.

1 do i need to use after market motr mounts?
2 Hasport has a sub harness for the vtech wiring what do you think?

:p No crap about the auto trans this is my commuter car. I lve in PA and go to NYC every day and that 1.5 dx engine is killing me. Im too lazy to shift on the long ride. lol!!! :)

any advice you could give about the swap would be appriciated. this is my first honda. Im an old chevy man but im looking foward to tuning the honda.

thanks,

Dean

P22 ECU? You mean P28 or P30?

for VTEC (not vtech), you will just have to add a knock sensor, and wire it for VTEC, Just find a SiR2 wiring harness, it's cheaper than buying one from HASport.

I'm really not sure how swapping in a B series with auto tranny goes, not sure if anything extra needs to be considered. You don't need aftermarket motor mounts, OEM ones will work.

I have the same swap in a similar vehicle. (mine is manual) Just find a EX wiring harness and than just hardwire in a single wire for the knock sensor. It is the most direct bolt in swap, You need the P30 ECU, then the right axels
(your stock ones won't work) so get 94 + integra GSR axels, then you need a shift linkage from hybrid garage.com with a 94+ integra shift stabalizer kit. a throttle cable mounting bracket from an integra and if you have air conditioning and plan on keeping it. then you need to get a del sol a/c mounting bracket. I think that is about it. Have fun the car should be quick.

Darin

you shouldn't need much, if the engine came with a harness you should be able to salvage the vtec and knock wires from that. you will need to run three wires through the firewall behind the battery to hook the vtec and knock wires to the ecu

stock mounts will work well and if it's a commuter car then you deffinately want the stock mounts becuase aftermarket mounts like HASport will make your car shake rattle and roll (not so much roll)

you will need to either buy new or modify some flex radiator hoses because your radiator has 1" in and outlet and the engine will have 1.25"

you cand either fabricate something to relocate the throtle cable mount or you can buy a throtle cable from a 94+ teg, or other US car with B engine

allready stated but you will need B series axles

I just finished this swap into my 92 civic (manual though) it's pretty simple

good luck and enjoy
the ability to accelerate while in 5th on the freeway is one of the best features of the engine

Thanks everyone. I just ordered my new axels and have the wiring situation down. Im shooting for a good two day swap.

The engine came with the A/C compressor attached. Can I use that bracket?

Thanks for the spell check AFIPUNT :lol:

Back