93 civic/gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
Im getting an error code....It blinks 8 times in a row....so i beleive its 8....But anyways, that would be the (TDC - top dead centre sensor)....why is it doing that....where is that sensor located, and how can i Fu**ing fix it...
IM pissed off....I was going to take the beatchhh out today and swap an LS engine and bam there it goes...
anyways...code 8

Need help guys.....

By the way its a 93 civic fodo with a obd1 gsr swap......everything is stock....

Are all the blinks the same length? or are some short and others long?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 10 2005, 07:15 AM
Are all the blinks the same length? or are some short and others long?
[post=485291]Quoted post[/post]​

Nahh...Its code8..I know they are all short from the start... I think It might just be the dizzy or a sensor insisde of it or something...I might just have to buy a new dizzy.. :shrug2:
The car starts like a pro, but after a few minutes or so, the check engine light will come on and when i come to a stop, the RPM drop and car shuts off...
If i turn the key all the way back to (OFF)position and start it again, it starts with no problem and no check engine light on....Now a minute or two later the CEL' light comes back on.and the car starts boggin' again until it shuts off....I dunno....It might just be the dizzy....
what do you guys think?..I dont wanna go buy the dizzy and that not be the problem...

I Bought new Ign.Cap, spark plugs, PLug wires, Ign.rotor,and i even changed the danm Oil..lol

should I just go ahead and get the one from Here!...?
But look at the price off that thing...I wanted to buy me a fucki*g clutch and this happens....SH*TTTT! :angry:

did you check your connections to see if they where good from the dizzy to the ecu check them if there good then its a problem with the sensor in the dizzy let me check my book and ill tell you what wire it is. ill get back to you on that.

thanks steve

Originally posted by Estorvito@Apr 10 2005, 10:20 AM
bring me up..
anyone?
[post=485330]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, well I have had this problem a few times and if you r sure it's a code 8 for the TDC. Then the TDC sensor on an OBD1 system is in the distributor and there r quite a few things that can F**k that sensor up. If you have another OBD1 distributor you can swap out the guts of it and it might fix it. The easyest thing would be to just get a new distrib.

Originally posted by CivicR87111+Apr 11 2005, 08:52 PM-->
Estorvito
@Apr 10 2005, 10:20 AM
bring me up..
  anyone?
[post=485330]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, well I have had this problem a few times and if you r sure it's a code 8 for the TDC. Then the TDC sensor on an OBD1 system is in the distributor and there r quite a few things that can F**k that sensor up. If you have another OBD1 distributor you can swap out the guts of it and it might fix it. The easyest thing would be to just get a new distrib.
[post=485862]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I was trying to avoid that....
I pulled it out today and swaped the ls....and yeah it was the fucking dizzy....
we used my buddies and it work fine....

Thanks Guys.....

re-check your timing with a light too.. it may be off

Back