1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 Del Sol Vtec Solenoid Question

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by xJJx, Apr 6, 2011.

1. xJJx

xJJx New Member

Hello all I am in need of some help once again :) Recent when I bought my 93 del sol S that has the d16z6 in it, the vtec solenoid wasnt hooked up and the guy told me I needed the harness that runs from the vtec solenoid to the ecu and a new vtec ecu for it. Now I'm pretty sure what I need is the p28 ecu and a vtec d16z6 wiring harness but before I buy this I wanted to make sure that this is what i need and ALL i will need to do this. Are there any adapters or anything else that i will need? Sorry if this is a stupid question just want to be sure :)

Thanks in advance!

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

you could save yourself some cash on the harness by merely running the wires for the VTEC solenoid, and pinning them on the connector for the ECU.

the p28 will work, and your car is obd1 so no adapters needed.

3. xJJx

xJJx New Member

Thanks for your help. appreciate it

4. 98EkSi

98EkSi New Member

Yeah your Del Sol came with a D15 in it I think so no Vtec wiring. The Del Sol Si is the only Del Sol that had the Z6 in it.

5. bent76

bent76 New Member

i know im gonna sound stupid here but , when you are wiring ( pinning) the vtec to the ecu what color goes to wut pin. i know what pins they run to on the ecu just dont know wut wire goes to wut pin becuz i havnt played with vtec much. i also have th d16z6 engine.

i was also wondering it the vtec could cuz any idle problems if it not conected ?

6. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

nope. if you are having idling problem, it's an unrelated issue.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted