93 Dx Gsr Swap... Engine Temp Too Low

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

9000_red

Hi, I'm new.

I finished swapping a B18C1 into my 93 DX coupe. I swapped in a Mishimoto radiator for a Teg as well. I put in a 170 degree thermostat.

The car runs and drives fine, but it stays too cold. If it idles for an extended amount of time, it gets up to about 25% operating temp. If I take off down the road, the temp needle drops all the way down. I'm afraid this will keep VTEC from working properly if it doesn't get up to the correct operating temp. I was thinking of swapping back to a higher temp thermostat. Any other suggestions?

Also, my heater works, but works less well when I'm going down the road. I think the thermostat is causing this as well, but I just wanted suggestions. Thanks!

I would say you got a bad thermostat, when a thermostat gets stuck partially open it will cause just what you are explaining, since the thermostat isn't keeping the coolant in the engine long enough for it to heat up, and the radiator is cooling it down, so it never reaches proper operating temp.

Back