93 EG gsr no V tec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper759

For some reason my motor wont hit vtec. I have all the extra wires ran for the Vtec solenoid, Vtec pressure switch, knock sensor and evap solenoid but still no vtec.

what kind of ecu do u have?cause if u dont have an v-tech eu.then v-tech wont engage.

lookup the codes. you may have wired vtec to the wrong wire. also check your oil pressure. insufficient supply of oil will cause vtec to not engage.

The codes are as such 14 (idle air control valve) and 20 (Electric load detector). I do have the Vtec hooked up to pin #4 on the ecu which is correct and the engine has enough oil so i assume the pressure should be good.

Idle Air Control Valve..
Its on the bottom of the intake mani. towards the back, it has a plug and i think a coolant line running to it, take this off clean the screen plug it back in. start the car, unplug it see if it has any effect on the idle, if the idle shoots up then ur good if it doesnt move at all.. you may need to repin the ecu (not sure if u have to on obd1)for the new computer to recognize this or you will have to get a new iacv. make sure u try resetting the ecu in between steps

Back