93 EG Hatch Brake Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

low_lude_whore

I just bought a 93 EG Hatchback civic and would like make this my next project. I wanna use the civic on track time to time. Since I am on a budget, i cant spend great deal of money right away and would like to do a brake swap from another Honda or Acura. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Please type in the correct size and style font from now on. People will be more likely to help you if you do.

Unless you wanna make insane power or road race constantly, doing a complete brake swap is pretty pointless IMO. Upgrading your pads and getting SS brake lines should do the job for you. If you want to take it a step further, get some slotted brembo replacement rotors. Never go drilled if you plan to auto-x because they have a tendancy to warp and crack easier.

Front or Rear? Use '94-'01 GSR brakes all around. They will bolt right onto the '92-'95 Civic. For the front use the knuckles with rotors and calipers. In the rear yank the rear trailing arms with E-brake cables attached. Good upgrade in my opinion! Especially if you plan to do an engine swap later to make more power. I think you should always upgrade brakes and suspension before doing power upgrades. That way if you end up actually making that power you can actually stop it.

Back