93 honda civic hatchback swap to d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jonnycivic613

I have a 93 honda civic with a d15 sohc non v tec and i want to put d16 z6 in it what do i need is there step by step instructions the motor is fresh rebuild with crowar cam and valve train apexi intake manifold dc sport 4-2-1 headers crx close gear ratio trans I have the drive shafts and ecu and mounts what else do i need

If you want step by step instructions for installing a motor into your car then buy the service manual and read it.

Hey jonnycivic613

Are you in Ottawa? I'm doing the same swap to my 94 Civic DX from a 93 Si D16z6. If you want I can come by and offer whatever help I can. Or you can bring your car here and do it side by side with mine

You will need drive axels
Shift linkage (I think?)
ECU
I'm not sure if you gotta switch the hole wiring harrness to get VTec I'm waiting for a reply aswell.

The engine swap is very simple I read no manual only looked at a few pics and had my engine ready to come out in 4 hours. Once you get the AC, rad headers out disconnect all hoses watch out some have coolent. Then you gotta get under and unbolt the 2 bolts on the rear engine mount as there only reachable from the bottom. Once your ready to pull it either set it down on the ground by removing the tires and jacking the front down then up or pull it out top with a picker, get it attached and undo the side mounts. Jack it out slowly and look closely for any hoses/wires you forgot to disconnect. Hope this helps

Ic3

Back