93 lx d15 to y8 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

i have a 93 lx sedan with the slow and ugly d15b7 and just bought a d16y8 from a junkyard. anyway i know that the d16y8 is OBD-II and my civic is OBD-I. i was wondering if the P28 will run the y8? or should i just hunt down a P2P? if i need to go with the P2P then i will need a ecu conversion harness which if possible i would not like to do. also what about the distributor and alternator? will i need to do wiring work there as well?

I'm not at all familiar with your current motor, but I've worked with the y8 before. So, are you planning on using the distributor/alternator out of your car, or the y8?

Use the P28. Use your wiring harness, distributor and injectors and add wiring for VTEC solenoid and VTEC pressure switch. You'll also have to relocate your IAT sensor to somewhere in your intake arm. You'll have a few sensors that won't plug in (CKF, EVAP purge) PM if you have any questions but its a pretty straight forward swap.

Back