93 Prelude 4WS Si Swapping to H22A1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JLG

Did some searches, couldn't find anything detailed enuf.

I have a 93 Prelude 4WS Si and at the moment getting my ducks in a row. I am in the process of buying parts and throwing them together the right way! I have a P13 on it's way for a USDM 94 VTEC Manual tranny. I am going to keep the original wiring harness and wire the VTEC in myself. I was able to see the article on wiring VTEC in civic's and Integra's for B-series capabilities, but I was not sure about the means of the prelude. All I thought there was to this was wiring the A4 and D6 pins to the VTEC solenoid. I need to know if there are any hazards to look for and if there are any other wiring problems I will be encountering.

I am bolting the Si intake manifold up to the VTEC, which is the same and will work. Other than the bottom-end, head, injectors, and header, I am using all of the original Si components such as, Intake manifold, tranny, mounts, and linkages. I believe I shuldn't have any problems with this swap, but just in case, I appreciate feedback from someone that has done a similar swap.

Thank you for reading!

nope, youre good. everything is interchangable, i dont see you having any problems.

the wiring is the same for all obd1 hondas, so that diagram is right for the h22.

only word of advice is to run the wires before you drop the engine and tape them to the side of your car...its just easier that way.

Thanx for the reassurement dude. I am on shopkey checking the component locators for the Prelude, but I can't find the knock-sensor for the H23A1 engine. It shows for the F22 but no H23. I just need to know if I would have to wire a new one into place is all. If all else fails I'm just gonna run a wire with a toggle switch from the green wire to the battery terminal with a fuse, LOL. Hit me back!

Thanx

Back