1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 prelude h22

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by gunz2165, Jan 10, 2007.

1. gunz2165

gunz2165 Member

i have a 93 prelude h22, i had problems with it running and found out that somethin chewed through my map sensor wires. i fixed that and its running decent, but i have a serious problem with it dumping insane amounts of fuel into the motor. i have no check engine light on either. all u smell as im driving is fuel. for the first 5-10 minutes im driving its the worse to the point where u can see the smoke coming from the exhaust that its burning fuel. if i let the car sit idle for 10-15 minutes so much fuel dumps into the motor that im getting messed up from the gas fumes. im pulling my freaking hair out tryin to figure it out. im not dumb when it comes to working on cars but this shits just puzzling and annoying the hell outta me. can neone please help me out id greatly appreciate it.

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

bad fuel pressure regulator

3. gunz2165

gunz2165 Member

that was changed already.

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

is it the stock ecu ? and have you checked your injectors

5. gunz2165

gunz2165 Member

yea it a stock ecu. no i havent checked the injectors yet, i was told my a guy that works at a honda dealer by my house that u cant check injectors.... how would i go about doin that?

6. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

sounds like your fuel pressure is way too high.. i had the same problem w/ my b16.. it was so bad my clothes would smell like gas when i got outta the car

7. gunz2165

gunz2165 Member

thats how it is now, what can i do about it? i changed the fuel pressure regulator figuring that would fix it but it didnt.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted