93 prelude jdm wiring mess

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Italia954

ok, so I bought a 93 lude that I believe was originally not si or vtech. the guy put in a jdm h22a and did not complete the swap. there are a whole bunch of disconnected wires including the vtech. I bought a wiring harness for the h22a and plan on hooking it up. Do I need to do something with an obd1 thingy or modify anything? im kind of a noob. what will i need to do to the ecu?

Last edited:
1st. does it have the p13 ecu.
2nd. i don't think its prewired for vtec so you may have to wire it yourself.
buying the h22 harness is probably the best thing you did, this way you know for sure that there is no issue with the engine harness.

I have no clue what ecu it has, but im assuming it has the stock ecu, so ill have to get the right one. how do I wire it for the vtech? Just plug it in right?

Find out what ecu you have in the car. If its the p13, the wire from the pressure switch has to be pinned out at d6, the vtec solenoid gets pinned out at a4, and the ground can be grounded to the engine.

ok. im having a little trouble finding the stock wiring harness for sale for my year prelude, but I found a wiring harness for the 97-00 h22 prelude. will that make it more complicated or easier?

Senor Italia,

Come ti chiami? Non ti preoccupare. Stick with your OEM harness for your particular year. Im assuming you speak italian with your user name. :rolleyes:

If need be you could buy a convesion harness.

i only speak a little basic stuff, but ok ill keep looking for my year harness. thx

hey i'm kinda in the same shoes. my 93 prelude h23 engine blew and i bought an h22 from jdmtigerjapanese.com and i was wondering about the wiring harness and if id need a new one for the conversion to the v-tec. i can use all the info i can get, not a whole lot of knowledge in that area so it'd be much appreciated

use a 92-95 prelude h22a wire harness, or h23 harness and wire vtec directly from the solenoid and swithc right to the ecu..... and as for ludeman, use your h23 harness and find the plugs for vtec and wire them straight to the ecu like up above.....

Back