93 teg engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i recently got a 93 integra special. The guy i got it from stripd one of the spark plugs out and the rings are shot so it doesnt rev up right. pretty much i dont wana dick with the stock engine but i was wondering what engine i should put in it, the stock b18 or b16? im not planing on making a drag car. id like just a quick everyday driver with bolt ons. any help would b appriciated

92-93 integra gsr would be a direct bolt in/plug in for your car
94-95 integra gsr would be a great swap too, you would need to use your old engine harness tho and change the driver's side engine mount and mount bracket under the timing cover
Both engines would require you to wire vtec and knock sensor (actually the 92-93 gsr may not require knock but Im not sure), the 94-95 would also need IAB's wired, there are plenty of writeups that explain this process tho.
92-95 b16a SiRII engine would also be a direct bolt in engine, you would have to use your engine harness with this engine as well
For all 3 engines you would need an ECU to run them, the b17 needs a p61, the gsr needs a p72 and the b16 needs a p30

yes, your stock tranny will work with any b series engine, the only downside is the fact that your tranny has longer gears than a b16 or gsr tranny, so it won't have as good acceleration.

Back