93cx integra brakes info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

my understanding is that the brakes off of an integra are bigger than the stock brakes on my cx. I still want to put the rear disks on too, but id like to swap the front brakes too, if it would be benificial.

What year integra parts do i need to get for my car? Ive seen a writeup for a 90 crx, but i dont know if the parts are the same.
Thanks.

92-95 Civics use the same chassis as the 94-01 Integra. The suspensions are interchangable.

Brakes shouldn't be a problem.
Just get some larger calipers, good pads and the rear discs off of an 92-95 Si. I'm sure you could use Integra parts but it isn't going to make a huge difference.

I think that larger rotors will only keep the brakes cooler but not really affect braking any.

Larger rotors DO give you more braking power- you get a longer lever arm between the pad/disc contact center and the center of the wheel.

All rear discs on the 92-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra are 9.5 inches.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 16 2004, 02:54 PM
Larger rotors DO give you more braking power- you get a longer lever arm between the pad/disc contact center and the center of the wheel.

All rear discs on the 92-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra are 9.5 inches.
[post=391196]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the rear disc info, but how about the fronts? Are the front integra brakes diffrent than my cx? and if so, what all do i need? Thanks. again.

Yup, the fronts are different too. Most Integras use 10.3 inch rotors up front, and the ITR uses 11 inch fronts. To swap, you'll need the calipers, spindles, rotors, maybe the brake lines too. I'm pretty sure that's the bulk of the parts- there may be a few more small things, but that should be it.

Back