94 accord auto to manual swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordian

I am in the middle of turning my 94 EX auto into a 5spd and I was woundering if I am going to need a 94 EX 5spd ECU?? I have read that the ECU thats already in my car will work just fine, I am just going to need to unplug the TCU.

I was thinking a 94 Accord EX Auto ECU and a 94 Accord EX 5 spped ECU are probably the same, the 5speed ECU probably just doesn't have connections or isn't able to tie into a transmision computer (which I don't need) So I was just going to unplug the transmission computer
I've read on some other forums that thats all you need to do but I've also heard I need a new ecu so idk..

I have a whole other car that is almost identical aside from it being a DX model and a 5spd. Thats the car I am using for parts...does this change anything??

will a motor out of a 93accord ex 16 vaulve fit in a 94 accord ex vtec both automatics

yes, the motor will fit, swap right in, use the same mounts.

as for the original question, automatic accords and preludes have 2 computers, an ECU and a TCU. you CAN use your "automatic" ecu, as it wont be any differnt than a manual ecu.

you will have to do some wiring for this auto to manual swap to work tho.

#1. making the car think that the shifter is in park
when you removed the auto shifter, u disconnected a big grey plug. snip the black and green/white wires and connect them together.

#2. hooking up the reverse lights
on top of the tranny is a reverse lights switch, it has a yellow and a green/black wire. they need to be connected directly to the wires of the same color on the shifter connector.
#3. neutral safety switch
there was a brown 2-pin connector that went to the old shifter. the easy way to do it is cut the connector off and splice the two thick wires together (solder them!). or if you need to do it the "right" way to pass inspection, follow the diagram below. the "switch on clutch pedal" is the switch that gets pressed when the pedal is put all the way to the floor.

more info here:
CB7Tuner Forums - Auto to 5 speed swap wiring questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the parts of an 92-93 accord will fit my 94 accord ?? my accord is an auto and want to change for an manual but i only have parts of an 92-93 !! Will they fit on my 94 accord??? thank you

i dont know. the pedal assembly might be different, maybe the hard lines might have different lengths, i have no clue. so im not gona lie to you by saying no or yes.

I don't think the parts from an entire generation older will fit. The fifth gen was a big change for honda, but maybe someone else has personal experience with those parts/that swap.

Back