94 accord car trouble?!?!?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nkroberson

#1 colts fan
i have a 94 accord ex and the problem is after my car sits in my driveway overnight, the next morning when i drive it, the whole car shakes really bad whne i start to drive in first gear. i think it is the tranny but please let me know of any other insite.......:(

after the car sites over night and i start it in the morning let it warm up and i back out of drive way its fine but as soon as i put it in 1st and start to accelerate the whole car starts likes its really low reving and its about to die but when i get the rpm's up to about 2500 then put it into gear it will go fine. the engine and tranny has a little over 300k on it. i am planing to h22a swap and tranny but no time soon. should i just replace tranny now and swap to a new f22 or wait ???????

no it doesnt sound like an issue with the clutch or engine. is the car throwing any codes??

is sounds like to me that it could be one of many things.

check the tps sensor, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires.

no its not and it has never came on. i live in north carolina and for the past week it has got pretty cold and i am almost 100% sure it started to act up around when it started to get cold. could this be a factor??

i highly doubt it. cold weather shouldnt want to make your car die espically after it is warmed up.

like i said check you plugs wires and your tps sensor.

I agree. I'd check your wires and plugs and dizzy. A warm car(very warm) will run much better with worn parts than when cold. Also, check for moisture in the dist. cap. A little moisture can divert spark, but then turn into steam once warm. Cools off, droplets again.

i didnt think about the dis. cap. i will do that tom. and see what i find. thanks for the input ..:thumbsup:

Back