94 Accord cutting off problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

komikaze

I just got a 94 Accord.

After driving the car for a bit.... I turn it off then a sec later try to crank it back up.... it acts like it wants to crank up but doesn't. I tried pumping the gas..... I tried just cranking it without touching the gas pedal.... it doesn't crank.....

After about 5-10 minutes it'll crank right up.... no problems.

Just today I was driving and it just shuts off in the middle of the road.... sat at the light.... waited for bout 5 min then it cranked back up.....

HELP!?!?!

What's could be the problem??

I'm no expert on Accords, but the symptoms sound like when the fuel pump main relay went out on my old civic. When those relays start to go out, they only fail when the unit gets hot from running. Once they cool off they work fine. Could be the pump itself going out. You might also want to check for fuel pressure and for spark when the car isn't running right. That will help narrow things down a bunch.

that happened to me yesterday also still dunno wat to do yet. i think its the main relay but not sure do u think all main relays r they same n would fit???

Back