94 Accord Trans swap ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d333b

Hi all,

I have some questions on this thread. My car is a EX 2.2L VTEC, it is the stock engine (though I don't know its designation). So my main question is, based from what I was reading, it sounds to me like I can use (with proper rewiring) my automatic cruise control computer with the manual transmission, is this true?

The other question is in his list of things you need he does not cover needing an ecu but then under the "Wiring" heading he mentions:
Go ahead and put your 5spd ecu in.
So which is it? I remember reading somewhere about not needing to change the ecu, just jumping some pins together to convert the ecu over (as if they are the same ecu, just in a different mode), or is that just a bunch of hogwash?

Thanks in advance:)!

I'm not sure how the cruise control in Honda works, but manuals were equipped with cruise control also. I'd have to do some digging before I can give a definite answer on this.

No, you do not need a 5spd ECU. If you run an (unmodified) automatic ECU, it'll just throw a CEL for the transmission solenoid(does not affect driveability). Yes, you can convert(pretty much disable the solenoid check) by modifying a set of resistors and jumpers.

Thanks K2e2vin for the advice, I'll give a quick search on that ECU mod. So if I was using my original automatic ECU the cruise ECU would work wouldn't it? I mean I can't imagine that the cruise ECU would control shifting (maybe shift conditions though?).

If anyone would happen to know where to start looking the cruise information I would greatly appreciate it. The search seems to only bring up problems with cruise but not pertaining to its operation after a transmission swap.

TIA

Yes it should. I'm not aware of cruise control changing gears(really doesn't make sense); but may be more related to how far the pedal is depressed(in other words, cruise control just modulates the throttle, which is what your accelerator pedal does; and the engine/transmission just responds how it normally would if it were your foot modulating the pedal).

The only "issue" I can think of is regarding the clutch switch/deactivation; which I wouldn't really know where to start. Possibly digging through wiring schematics will help(Helms manual).

Back