94 Cavalier 4dr RS 2.2ltr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not to be a dick but sell it. Those engines ane neither reliable nor fast. If you stuck with it get an intake and exhaust i guess?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 6 2005, 09:46 PM
find a cav site?
[post=470045]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

hondaswap is mainly about modding hondas.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Mar 6 2005, 11:35 PM
hondaswap is mainly about modding hondas.
[post=470100]Quoted post[/post]​

I could have swore it was about people fighting in every thread and mods deleting anything they dont agree with... :ph34r:

notice how i posted in under the "other vehicles category"
i figured since its nothin but a bunch of front wheel drive guys on here there might be some ideas.
and reliable ? hell, it runs absoultely great.
besides, i saw a car this weekend ( a 12sec dodge shadow) that gives me some ideas to turn this family sedan into a racer.
maybe i may look into another engine for it if it comes to that

Trust me, "a bunch of fwd guys" isn't necessarily indicative of anything.

j-body.org is the place to look for cavalier and sunfire info. Hondas are so different from cavaliers it's not even funny. I mean, hell, Hondas spin the entirely opposite direction of your chevy.

first of all... NO! stop it right this second.. you have a four door... you want it to go fast take EVERYTHING OUT OF IT I MEAN EVERYTHING!! then put the driver seat in it and a steering wheel... and maybe a shifter.. if its an auto give up now.... next you want the motor to actually do something.. so a good intake with good headers and a mandrel bent custom exhaust. AFTER you finish all of that you will start to understand that speed is no where near cheap and reliable....

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Mar 7 2005, 04:24 PM
first of all... NO! stop it right this second.. you have a four door... you want it to go fast take EVERYTHING OUT OF IT I MEAN EVERYTHING!! then put the driver seat in it and a steering wheel... and maybe a shifter.. if its an auto give up now.... next you want the motor to actually do something.. so a good intake with good headers and a mandrel bent custom exhaust. AFTER you finish all of that you will start to understand that speed is no where near cheap and reliable....
[post=470410]Quoted post[/post]​

4-doors can't be fast, huh? <_<

my bro used to have a 93ish cavalier coupe. it was a stock manual and it was fairly quick.... did nice 30 foot burnouts. one of his friends had either a really late 80's or really early 90's that he turbocharged, i never rode in it, but i saw it do a hellacious air-filled-with-tire-smoke burnout.

as for those of you who don't think chevy's are reliable, why do you think that? did you have bad personal experience or what? maybe you should see my dad's 80 chevy c10 silverado that has over 500k miles on it and it still runs. although he did take good care of it and he rebuilt the motor at somewhere around 200K. but most people just treat their cars like shit.

as far as any specific ideas...... custom turbo kit with stand alone engine management? i dunno, go to yahoo or google and search "94 cavalier performance" or something like that. however, like ninja said, the speed won't be cheap, and you prolly won't find too much on the web either (supply and demand). to get some good performance you're gonna need to be creative, and have good fabrication skills or know someone who does. good luck

Originally posted by hondarin@Mar 9 2005, 06:38 PM
my bro used to have a 93ish cavalier coupe. it was a stock manual and it was fairly quick.... did nice 30 foot burnouts. one of his friends had either a really late 80's or really early 90's that he turbocharged, i never rode in it, but i saw it do a hellacious air-filled-with-tire-smoke burnout.

as for those of you who don't think chevy's are reliable, why do you think that? did you have bad personal experience or what? maybe you should see my dad's 80 chevy c10 silverado that has over 500k miles on it and it still runs. although he did take good care of it and he rebuilt the motor at somewhere around 200K. but most people just treat their cars like shit.

as far as any specific ideas...... custom turbo kit with stand alone engine management? i dunno, go to yahoo or google and search "94 cavalier performance" or something like that. however, like ninja said, the speed won't be cheap, and you prolly won't find too much on the web either (supply and demand). to get some good performance you're gonna need to be creative, and have good fabrication skills or know someone who does. good luck
[post=471371]Quoted post[/post]​

I didnt say chevys werent reliable. I said that his car wanst so much. I have know a few people who have had them one was running like shit and had nemerous engine problems before 80,000 annd another had problems at around 50,000 and this car was drivien by his grandma for most of those miles. These just might be rare cases but i dont see a caviler as being very reliable in those years.

Just sell the car man. There is really no way to make a cavalier reliably fast without some big $$$. So in conclusion, sell it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Mar 7 2005, 06:21 PM
Trust me, "a bunch of fwd guys" isn't necessarily indicative of anything.
[post=470409]Quoted post[/post]​

The "b-boys" with their 89civic dx's runnin APC stickers are also fwd guys

seriously.... you need to sell it if you are planning on going with speed... you wont make that car fast without a TON of money. There are cheaper, easier, and more fun ways of going about this

here ya go. this is probably your best option for that thing, seriously. youll probably spend jsut as much on that crap 2.2l as you would for a swap like this.

Click Me

Back