'94 civic hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdbdkid93

k. so i have a '94 civic hatchback and im looking to get a new engine for it (along with trans ecu ya know the whole deal) but i dont really know what ta get. im leaning towards a f22 or an h22. but i figure id get some other ppls opinions b4 i made the final decision. maybe someone can shed some light and help me out. so anyone got anything?

I would get a GSR. The f22 and h22 are good for building a drag car but I think its too much weight in the front for cornering. Plus you can drop a gsr right in with the right mounts and not have to cut away any part of your old mounts to fit it so you can drop your old motor in if you ever sell your car or sutin. Stick with an american model. Its easier to drop right in. if you get an OBDI you will not have to convert to OBDII cause your car is older. Still gotta wire vtec sensors though.

he is right, the f and h engines are amazing straight line engines becuse they are like 100 lbs heavier, but thats not what makes them bad on cornering, the problem is most motor mount kits keep the engine tilted forward. h and f engines sit back towards the firewall in the most center of gravity for the vehicle is obtained that way. any B series engine will be a direct swap in. as long as its obd1 wired you shouldnt have a problem. minor harness mods. but american gsr engines are good, jap b16 sir II engines are great and pretty inexpensive you can find plenty of info about swapped motors online. i usually go to got-jdm.com to research the best engine for what im doin. good luck on finding the right motor for you bro.

Depending on what your budget is. I Have a K20 for sell (motor only tho). It is a beast of a swap depending on what you are shooting for. LMK

Back