94 civic HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I got a 94 HB with a 2000 b16A2 engine. I have the whole wiring harness from the b16,(body and engine) and I have the ecu for the 2000 b16. But I want to convert my car to obd1, what wiring harness do I need to do this and what ecu.
Or is there some kind of wire harness adapter I can use.

The 94 is OBD I. Use you harness and injectors, get an OBD I distributor, and ECU.

Do I keep the b16 engine harness and plug it into my cars body harness and run a p30(DOHC del sol ECU obd1) or do I have to change the engine harness on the b16 to and obd1 harness as well.

I used a 98 gsr harness,plugged right in,no need to swap injectors and dist that way.then you can keep your in car harness and just get a obd1 ecu,I have a reworked p72.It all plugged right in,had to run 3 feet of wire for vtec ps and knock sensor .easy.

can I use the engine harness from the b16a2,
did the 98 GSR harnes plug into the cars body harness

cuz the b16 wire harness is froma 2000 Civic SIR and my car is a 94 HB

I'm gonna use a p30 ecu

No you can not use the 2000 harness, it is a one piece and your cars is a two piece.

Yes you can use a GSR harness, or anyother 96+ Integra harness (and add vtec, and knock), or the way I suggested, either way, you'll probably wind up buying something.

well why would you switch to obd2 for use your stock harness and just add the vtec obd2 is a pain in the ass i know because i am working with one and i am switching to obd1 easier less codes

yes I wanna switch it to obd 1, I'm gonna use a p30 obd1 ecu and use my cars stock body harness, I got vtec pre wired, but I need to know what engine harness to use.

use the harness from your stock motor, or a harness from any OBD I integra

i used my stock harness but had to add wires, and also had to add length to a few wires because they didn't want to reach the sensor-

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 5 2004, 04:40 AM
use the harness from your stock motor, or a harness from any OBD I integra

i used my stock harness but had to add wires, and also had to add length to a few wires because they didn't want to reach the sensor-
[post=398334]Quoted post[/post]​

OBD IIb motor and OBD I harness are not friends.

Back